Royal Navy v Plymouth Albion RFC
The Royal Navy team has been announced to play Plymouth Albion on Monday 19th April at PARFC, Brickfields, Plymouth. Kick off is at 7.30pm. The match offers more players an opportunity to gain valuable game time, and will undoubtedly provide good preparation for the forthcoming Inter Services match against the Army at Twickenham on 1st May.
RN team as follows:
1. SLt Tom Blackburn RN - HMS Ocean
2. POA(AH) Jan Laity - RNAS Culdrose
3. AB(WS) Robbie Roberts - HMS Bulwark
4. Mne Dennis Scotthorne - 42 Cdo RM
5. LAET Marsh Cormack - RNAS Culdrose
6. Mne Mike Egglestone - 45 Cdo RM
7. Cpl Greg Barden - RM Poole
8. Cpl Damo Chambers - CTCRM
9. Mne Jonny Stephen - CTCRM
10. Capt Tom Glover RM - CTCRM
11. ET(ME) Jon Marlin - HMS Sultan
12. Mne Scott Llewellyn - Cdo Logt Regt RM
13. AB B Buinimasi - RNAS Culdrose
14. Cpl Richie Mayson - SFSG St Athan
15. Mne Rob Lloyd - 42 Cdo RM (Captain)
Replacements will not be named until the day due to a number of injuries that need to be checked over.
Unfortunately, new cap Mne Mark Owen (42 Cdo RM) is definitely out of the squad for Monday, and remains doubtful for the Army v Navy following an injury that forced him to leave the pitch during the match against the RAF. Club Captain POAET Dave Pascoe (RNAS Culdrose), who won his 21st Navy Cap against the RAF, is close to full fitness and may make the bench for Monday night. Also out of the 22 for Monday will be POET(WE) Wayne ‘Cowboy' John (HMS Liverpool), ET(ME) Dale Sleeman (HMS Cumberland) and LCpl Calum Macrae (CTCRM) all have minor knocks which preclude them being available for selection; however, none of them are in doubt for the Army v Navy match.