ROYAL NAVY SENIOR XV NAMES SQUAD TO FACE ESHER RFC
The RN Senior XV take on Esher in the second game of the 2013 campaign and DoR, Cdr (Andy) Kellett, has rung in the changes,
'It is important we get all the players involved with the squad some game time as early as possible so that they can be exposed to this level of rugby. The fixture against Esher will give the selected players the opportunity to perform at this level'.
Esher always provided stern opposition for the Royal Navy early in part of the season and the RNRU have not beaten the National 1 side in recent years.
Head Coach POAET Owen Salmon will be looking to build on last week and expects a tough battle at the break down and will want to see the Navy team match their opposition in this crucial area.
'Esher have always provided us with a good test early on in our season and we will see how competitive we can be against what is always a well drilled, aggressive team'.
Players starting for the first time this season will be Lt (Hugo) Mitchell-Heggs (HMS Neptune), Mne (Jack) Foster 40 Cdo RM who returned from Operations last week and Mne (Kyle) Wood (42 Cdo RM) amongst others.
1. Mne J Terry RM Poole
2. AET K Beasley* RNAS Culdrose
3. POAET J Court* RNAS Culdrose
4. CPOAET S Thompson HMS Sultan
5. Lt RN H Mitchell-Heggs* HMS Neptune
6. Cpl T Holliday 6 Sqn
7. Mne D Taylor 42 Cdo RM
8. Sgt RM G Evans* ** HMS President
9. Mne J Foster* 40 Cdo RM
10. ET (ME) J Jones HMS Sultan
11. Mne K Wood 42 Cdo RM
12. Mne M Tichias 42 Cdo RM
13. AB T Davies HMS Illustrious
14. Mne J Blackburn Bovington
15. Mne J Marlin* ** 42 Cdo RM
16. NA (AH) K Mason* ** + HMNB Devonport
17. AB C Davies HMS Somerset
18. POAET S Mortenson HMS Heron
19. POAET D Pascoe* ** 771 NAS
20. LAET O James HMS Heron
22. Mne G Welling RMASC
22. AET S Horton RNAS Culdrose
** Combined Service