Development Coach Position
The Bristol Rugby Academy & GRFU are seeking to appoint coaches to deliver on their development pathway programme from U13 to U16's for the period Oct 2012 to August 2013. The coaches will be responsible for providing a positive and successful development environment and opportunities for players to develop both as people and rugby players.
The responsibilities will include supporting the planning & delivery of sessions, attending coaches meetings, the end of season review meeting and completing player feedback forms.
Applicants should demonstrate experience of coaching at junior level; commitment to and engagement with the RFU's Coaching Development Qualification structure and have an affinity with the community game.
The positions require a minimum of the RFU Level 2 coaching qualification or its equivalent.
Applications should be made through CV (to include rugby coaching experience) to Mike Hall (Bristol Academy Manager) via email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 17th September 2012
Interviews will be held approximately 1 week from this date
For further information please contact:
Mike Hall by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BRISTOL RUGBY DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY COACHES
REPORTS TO: Bristol Academy Manager
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: Bristol Rugby Club Academy staff; Bristol combination club
junior level coaches, BSRU U15's/U16's coaches
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will form part of a coaching team to plan an annual coaching programme that provides a positive and successful developmental environment for players to make progress in their personal and rugby development. Provide high quality coaching to young players to enable them to perform at their optimum level whilst aiding the Bristol Rugby Academy talent identification system.
•1. Ensure the Bristol Rugby Academy objectives for the Development programme are
achieved through quality coaching delivery.
•2. Ensure planning and preparation for sessions follows good practice guidelines and helps
to achieve the objectives of the programme.
•3. Reflect on and evaluate all coaching sessions with other coaches.
•4. Provide feedback to players to enable them to develop as people and performers.
•5. Attend all meetings & CPD sessions of the Bristol Development Programme Coaching
•6. Identify highly talented players who have the potential to move into the Bristol EPDG
•7. Participate in an annual review of the programme and offer annual written feedback to
all players under your guidance.
•8. Ensure that the players present themselves as ambassadors for Bristol Rugby at all
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Hold a minimum of a RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent.
- Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development.
- Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme.
- Self motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union
- Has significant experience of coaching young players at club, school or CB level
- Is strongly biased towards a player centred & game sense based approach to coaching
- Creates an environment that balances a players personal development as well as their rugby development
- Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme.
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players.
- Sets high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players and other coaches.
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the Bristol Rugby Development coaching team.
- The post holder is accountable to the Bristol Rugby Academy Manager for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
- The post-holder will receive an expenses allowance and the position will be held for term of 1 season.