The RNRU are now taking applications for the Women’s Assistant Coach Position
The RNRU are looking to appoint a suitably qualified, passionate and committed individual, who has experience of coaching the full 15 aside game, to the RNRU(W) Coaching Team. This is a voluntary position.
The individual should possess or be working towards a Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rugby Union or a similar qualification. Playing experience, would be highly desirable, especially in a backs position, but coaching experience and philosophy is the priority.
The RNRU, as well as being a part of the Royal Navy, is a Constituent Body (CB) of the Rugby Football Union (RFU) and a registered charity. It is, therefore, charged with the management, administration and development of the game of Rugby Union within the RN, in accordance with Service regulations and traditions, as well as in compliance with the requirements of the RFU and regulatory framework for charities.
Our Vision is: To be fun, relevant and successful, inspiring players, coaches, officials, volunteers, and spectators to enjoy rugby at all levels from mess deck to international, wherever the RN goes, reflecting all that is best in the Service.
RNRU(W) Assistant Coach position
The role and responsibilities:
- Work within the Coaching Group to provide a clear playing philosophy that engages and excites players
- Be specifically responsible for the coaching of the offensive and defensive skills and patterns for the Backs
- Engagement with players to enable and encourage individual development, including the use of Video Analysis where appropriate
- Delivery of training sessions alongside Head Coach and Forward’s Coach
- Specified matchday responsibilities.
The selection Process
- Closing date for applications is Fri 24 Jul 20.
- Applications should be made to Lt Cdr Paula Bennett-Smith RN at - email@example.com
- Applications should include sufficient detail to explain an individual’s suitability for the role; your Rugby CV and a video “covering letter” (no more than 3 mins) should include –
- What interests you in the position?
- What qualities do you have that make you the outstanding candidate?
- What are the skill sets that only you can bring to the set-up?
- What do you want to get out of the experience?
- A video of your coaching (if available) is encouraged.
Interviews will take place throughout Aug / Sep: it is hoped to appoint the successful candidate in Sep 20.